Online registration and in-store packet pick up will remain open until 4 pm today, June 10. If you aren’t able to get to FrontRunner at the Worthington Mall by 4 pm, you may pick up your packet on-site starting at 7:45 am tomorrow. You may also register on-site tomorrow starting at 7:45 am. We ask that you pay with cash or check. Thank you for supporting our race and we will see you in the morning!
Please mark your calendars for this community event to honor two Dublin students, Lyndsey and Kyle. The 5K run/walk will start and finish at Dublin Scioto High School. Proceeds will go to Lyndsey and Kyle’s Memorial Scholarship Funds.
Lyndsey Rice, a 15 year old sophomore at Dublin Scioto High School and her boyfriend, Kyle Colello, an 18 year old senior at Dublin Scioto High School, died tragically in a car accident on November 28, 2009. Both Lyndsey and Kyle touched many lives and will forever remain in our hearts.
Lyndsey was the youngest of seven children who filled our lives with love and affection. She lived her life to the fullest. Her vibrant personality brightened our days. Lyndsey adored her family and treasured her friendships. She gave of herself unconditionally and taught us all so much in her short life. Lyndsey loved representing the Irish as a varsity football and basketball cheerleader and running hurdles for the track team in the spring. She loved to sing! She enjoyed taking voice lessons, gymnastics and art classes. She was a member of Young Life and volunteered in the preschool religion program at her church. When Lyndsey met Kyle she found a new kind of love. He made her last three months so unbelievably happy. Lyndsey’s radiant smile and warm heart will never be forgotten.
Kyle was a wonderful son, big brother to Sam and a loving grandson. Kyle was a scholar- athlete from middle school through his senior year. Kyle had been accepted into several universities and planned to pursue his dream of becoming a mechanical engineer. He was also excited about the possibility of playing football in college. Kyle loved to play many sports but he had a true passion for football, lacrosse, snow boarding, paintball and surfing-when he could get to the west coast. Kyle’s faith was an important part of who he was as a young man. He had the Lord in his heart and that is what gave him his quiet strength. This past summer Kyle met and fell in love with the girl of his dreams – Lyndsey. She shared the same qualities that were important to Kyle. They spent every minute together that they could. On Friday nights they were very happy. Kyle was playing football and Lyndsey was cheering him on. Kyle touched many people’s lives and many of us will never be the same. We are changed for the better as we remember his smile, his eyes and his footprints on our hearts. Kyle will be missed and loved forever.
To honor Lyndsey and Kyle, the 5K run/walk will start and finish at Dublin Scioto High School. Proceeds will go to Lyndsey and Kyle’s Memorial Scholarship Funds and to cover race expenses.
Thank you for your support.
The Logo for the Annual 5k Memorial Run was created by Lyndsey’s brothers, Shaun & Jeff Rice. Lyndsey and Kyle’s initials form a cross in the center of the design to portray the faith they shared. The cross is backed by two sets of angel wings and a halo reflecting the great transformation we know they have made.
“We want the logo for the 5K Memorial Run to truly represent our loved ones, Lyndsey and Kyle.”
– Shaun & Jeff Rice
Where, When and How
- Date: Saturday, June 11, 2016
- Location: Dublin Scioto High School – CLICK HERE for directions
- Parking: Parking will be available in the student parking lot at Dublin Scioto High School. Overflow parking will be at Lifetime Fitness located just around the corner – please CLICK HERE for directions. PLEASE NOTE: Overflow parking is on the WEST side of Lifetime Fitness in the designated area.
- Time: 9:00am race/walk start time; registration at 7:45 am
- Memory Walk: A one mile walk, mainly on school grounds, starts and finishes at DSHS and starts at 9:05
- 5K Run Walk – $30 through May 24, $35 May 25 through race day
- Student 5K Run/Walk – $20
- Memory Walk (short distance) – $15
Awards will be presented to the top 3 overall male and females and the top 3 male and females in the following age groups: 14 and under,15-19, 20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60 and over
Race Packets: New this year all participants will receive a soft cotton t-shirt!!
- Packet pick-up will be June 8-10 at the Worthington Mall
7227 North High Street
Worthington, OH 43085
- You can also pickup your packet on race day at Dublin Scioto High School beginning at 7:45 am.
- All registrants will receive post race refreshments.
- T-shirts are guaranteed to those who register by May 22, 2016.
- Race day registration at the school starting at 7:45am
- The Memorial Run has a great need for volunteers — you can help! The bulk of the volunteer needs occur on race day itself: registration; banner hanging; food set-up; directing foot & auto traffic, etc. Please contact Jeanne Hayslip @ email@example.com to be included on the volunteer list and indicate if you have specific availability restrictions.
5K Run/Walk Course Map: